1 – Connect your account
It’s very easy to connect your LinkedIn Pages account to DashThis. It requires only 2 quick steps:
- In the Integration Manager, choose LinkedIn Pages and click on Add.
- You’re then redirected to LinkedIn. Sign in as usual and allow DashThis to access your LinkedIn Pages data (don’t worry – we only use it to generate your dashboards!).
- Note that only your LinkedIn Business pages will be connected to DashThis. LinkedIn Pages' API doesn't allow to retrieve data from personal pages.
- Make sure that you have a "Super Amin" access. Otherwise, you won't be able to connect your LinkedIn account.
As a sign of success, your account now appears under the section Integrations in use in DashThis!
You’re all set and done to create dashboards now!
2 – KPIs, metrics, and dimensions
The following standard KPIs are available from the Preset Widgets drop down menu:
|Preset widgets||Definition||Calculation (if applicable)|
|Clicks||The number of Clicks that occurred on your posts during your selected period.|
|Comments||The number of Comments that occurred on your posts during your selected period.|
|Engagement||The total engagement your posts received. This is the sum of the total number of clicks, likes, comments, and shares.||Clicks + Likes + Comments + Shares|
|Engagement Rate||The number of times people engaged with your posts divided by the number of impressions.||(Clicks + Likes + Comments + Shares) / Ad Impressions|
|Followers||The number of Followers on your page.|
|Impressions||The number of Impressions that occurred for your posts during your selected period.|
|Likes||The number of Likes that occured on your posts during your selected period.|
|Shares||The number of times your posts were shared during your selected period.|
|Top posts by engagement rate (with image)||This is the list of your top posts' engagement. This multi-column list widget shows the engagement rate, the likes, the clicks, and the image for each listed post.|
The available metrics are:
|Metrics||Definition||Calculation (if applicable)|
|Clicks||The number of times people clicked on your posts.|
|Comments||The number of comments people posted on your posts.|
|Engagement||The total engagement your post received. This is the sum of the total number of Clicks, Likes, Comments, and Shares||Likes + Comments + Shares + Clicks|
|Engagement Rate||The rate at which people engaged with your post. This is calculated by adding together your total number of Clicks, Likes, Comments, and Share, and dividing the result by the number of Impressions.||(Clicks + Likes + Comments + Shares) / Impressions|
|Follower Engagement Rate||The rate at which your followers engaged with your post. This is calculated by adding together the total number of Clicks, Likes, Comments, and Share, and dividing the result by your number of Followers.||(Clicks + Likes + Comments + Shares) / Followers|
|Followers Count||The number of Followers on your page.|
|Impressions||The number of Impressions your posts received.|
|Likes*||The number of people who liked your posts.|
|Shares||The number of shares your posts received.|
*This metric can sometimes be negative due to "Unlikes". As LinkedIn's API explains, it happens "when members who liked a sponsored [post] later unlike it. The like is not counted since it is not organic, but the unlike is counted as organic."
The available dimensions are:
|Post with image*||The post name and image.|
*Video posts are not available with this dimension since they are not supported in the LinkedIn's API we are using.
3 – Notes
- While LinkedIn’s API does not give us access to historical data for the Followers Count, we keep your data as soon as you create your first widget, so your Followers Count will evolve over time.
- LinkedIn Pages KPIs (other than Followers Count) are updated by LinkedIn’s API only once a month. We can retrieve them at the beginning of each month for the previous month. Due to this limitation, we don’t recommend that you create Periodic dashboards for a daily or weekly time frame to measure the LinkedIn integration.
- This integration doesn’t include LinkedIn Ads metrics, which is a different API. But don’t worry, we’ve also integrated LinkedIn Ads API! Have a look at our article on this matter!