With Google My Business you can manage your online presence across Google Maps and Google Search. Start reporting on Google My Business listings with a DashThis dashboard to easily track all your business’ locations data in seconds.
1 – Connect your account
It’s very easy to connect your Google My Business account to DashThis. It requires only 2 quick steps:
- In the Integration Manager, choose Google My Business and click on Add.
- You’re then redirected to Google My Business. Sign in as usual and allow DashThis to access your GMB data (don’t worry – we only use it to generate your dashboards!).
As a sign of success, your account now appears under the section Integrations in use in DashThis!
You’re all set and done to create dashboards now!
2 – KPIs, metrics, and dimensions
The following standard KPIs are available from the Preset Widgets drop down menu:
- Direct Searches
- Discovery Searches
- Branded Searches
- Total Views by Google service
- Customer Actions
- Website Clicks
- Phone Calls
- Directions Requests
- Total Searches
- Top Search Types
- Total Views
- Top Google Services
- Top Posts
- Top Reviews
Metrics and dimensions
These are the available metrics and dimensions for your Google My Business dashboard:
|Direct Searches||The number of times your business profile was shown when a user searched directly for your business name or address.|
|Discovery Searches||The number of times your business profile was shown when a user searched for a category, product, or service you offer (ex. restaurant).|
|Branded Searches||The number of times your business profile was shown when a user searched for your brand or a brand related to your business.|
|Views on Search||The number of times your business profile was viewed on Google Search.|
|Views on Maps||The number of times your business profile was viewed on Google Maps.|
|Website Clicks||The number of times your business’s website was clicked on.|
|Phone Calls||The number of times your business’s phone number was clicked on.|
|Directions Requests||The number of times driving directions to your business location were requested.|
|Total Searches||The number of times your business was shown to a user, either from a direct, a discovery, or a branded search.|
|Total Views||The number of times your business was viewed, either on Google Search or Google Maps.|
|Total Actions||The number of actions that occurred on your business profile, either Website Clicks, Phone Calls, or Directions Requests.|
|Posts Views*||The number of times your business posts were viewed on Google Search.|
|Posts Actions*||The number of times the call to action button was clicked on your business posts.|
|Reviews Count||The number of reviews that were published on your business profile.|
|Rating*||The average rating given for each review published on your business profile.|
* Post Views: When used with the dimension Post, the widget shows the Views of the posts published during the selected dashboard period.
* Post Actions: When used with the dimension Post, the widget shows the Actions of the posts published during the selected dashboard period.
* Rating: When used with the dimension Review, the widget shows the Rating of the reviews published during the selected dashboard period
|Search Type||The type of search by which your business profile was found (Direct, Discovery, or Branded).|
|Google Service||The service through which your business profile was viewed (Google Search or Google Maps).|
|Customer Actions||The type of action that occurred on your business profile (Website Clicks, Phone Calls, or Directions Requests).|
|Post||The post published on your business profile.|
|Review||The review published on your business profile.|
|Location Name||The location name associated with your business locations.|
|Location Store Code||The location store code associated with your business location.|
|Location Address||The full address associated with your business location (includes address lines, locality, administrative area, postal code, and regional code).|
|Labels||The location labels associated with your business location.|
3 - Notes
- Due to Google My Business’s API limitations, new widgets can only show up to 18 months of historical data. However, we store data as soon as a new widget is created, so we’ll be able to display historical data as far back as when the widget was first created in DashThis, even if this goes back further than 18 months.
- Google My Business’s Interface displays the last 28 days of data when choosing 1 month, however DashThis shows a fixed period of 30 or 31 days of data for a complete month, which may result in a slight difference in the data displayed in your widgets compared to what you see in your GMB account.
- Please note that there can be up to 5 days of latency in Google My Business’s data, to address this possible latency, we refresh completed periods for up to 5 days after the period ended.
- To make sure you see your Google My Business listings in DashThis, please make sure all your GMB listing are verified by Google.
- You can track all your Google My Business listings in one widget via the dimension “Location.”
- A preset template dashboard for multiple location listings is available: Google My Business Multiple Locations Report.
Our support team is always there for you if you have any questions!