Data accuracy is one of the main concerns when it comes to reporting. Here are some guidelines to help you determine if your Instagram data is correctly reported.
Instagram Insights can essentially be used on your mobile app, when looking at the "Insights" section of your account.
- You can have a glance at your audience by looking at the number of followers on your page.
- Your overall account insights can be found under "Accounts Reached". This gives you the overall performance of your Instagram page such as the number of impressions or profile views.
- However, you only have access to two time periods: "Last 7 days" and "Last 30 days" which gives you very low flexibility to compare your results on a similar basis.
- Finally, you can look at more in-depth data for your posts in the "Content You Shared" section.
- This section gives you more freedom on the type of post you want to look at, and the KPIs you want to analyze such as likes, comments, impressions, or reach.
- Once again, it gives you very low flexibility regarding the periods since you can only select predefined dates such as "Last 7 days", "Last 3 months", etc.
Please note that data on Stories and IGTV are not available in DashThis.
As for promoted posts, you need to use the Facebook Ads integration to report on this data since it is handled in your Facebook Ads manager account. To learn more, read our article on the subject.