Brightcove is all about videos. They offer a cloud-based platform to host and distribute your video content, as well as monetize it.
Integrate Brightcove into DashThis
Permissions: To successfully connect Brightcove into DashThis, you need to have an Admin role. Should you need more information about users and permissions, please go to Brightcove's help center.
Part 1. Get the Client ID and the Client Secret
First, you need to get your Client ID and your Client Secret. These two pieces of information must be requested through your Brightcove account.
- Go to Brightcove Video and login
- Click on the admin gear at the bottom left
- Click on API Authentication
Step 4 - Click on Register New Application, located on the right-hand side of the screen.
Step 5 - Fill in parts 1 to 4 as seen in the screenshot below (entry detail specifications below screenshot)
- Register DashThis as your application name
- *optional* add a short description of the application
- Select one or as many accounts as you need. DashThis will only have access to the data attached to the account(s) you choose. If you want all your accounts, click on the symbol ». If you want to choose them manually, select them and click on the symbol >.
- There are two minimum requirements for the Analytics API:
Check the box Read under Analytics and the box Video Read under CMS - You can select as many as you want but these are the two main required categories
- Click on Save to continue
Step 6 - A pop-up will appear with the Client ID and a Client secret.
Important: The client's secret will not be displayed again, so be sure you store it in your documents
Now that you have these two pieces of information, you can add Brightcove to your DashThis account in Part 2.
Part 2 – Add the integration to DashThis
- In the integration manager page, scroll down the list of available integrations and click ADD + beside Brightcove
- A pop-up will appear to the right, fill in the 3 requirements (a, b c)
- A. In the Description box, write the name you want to give to your source. This is what your source will be called in our system.
- B. enter your client ID (login)
- C. enter your client ID secret (password)
Part 3 – Add the data sources
One more step is necessary and is the final step! You need to add the data sources to your DashThis account.
- In the integration manager, find Brightcove in the list of connected integrations to the right. Click on the pencil icon next to your account name.
- A pop-up will appear to the right: Give your source a name and add the Provider Key.
- Give your source a name: It can be anything you want. This name will be how your client will be designated in our tool.
- Provider Key: This is the Account number you find in your Brightcove admin settings
- Click add and then cancel to exit the pop-up (don't worry the information you entered will be saved)
Should you need any assistance with Brightcove, please reach out to our Support Team 🤘
Brightcove metrics and dimensions