Brightcove is all about videos. They offer a cloud-based platform to host and distribute your video content, as well as monetize it.
1- Integrate Brightcove to DashThis
- Permissions: To successfully connect Brightcove to DashThis, you need to have an Admin role. Should you need more information about users and permissions, please go to Brightcove's help center.
How to connect Brightcove to Dashthis: There are three parts to complete in order to connect DashThis to Brightcove's API.
Part 1. Get the Client ID and the Client Secret
First, you need to get your Client ID and your Client Secret. These two pieces of information must be requested through your Brightcove account.
Step 1 - Go to Brightcove Video and login
Step 2 - Click on the admin gear at the bottom left
Step 3 - Click on API Authentication
Step 4 - Click on Register New Application, located on the right-hand side of the screen.
Step 5 - Fill in parts 1 to 4 as seen in the screenshot below (entry detail specifications below screenshot)
- Register DashThis as your application name
- *optional* add a short description of the application
- Select one or as many accounts as you need. DashThis will only have access to the data attached to the account(s) you choose. If you want all your accounts, click on the symbol ». If you want to choose them manually, select them and click on the symbol >.
- There are two minimum requirements for the Analytics API:
Check the box Read under Analytics and the box Video Read under CMS - You can select as many as you want but these are the two main required categories
- Click on Save to continue
Step 6 - A pop-up will appear with the Client ID and a Client secret.
*Important: The client's secret will not be displayed again, so be sure you store it in your documents*
Now that you have these two pieces of information, you can add Brightcove to your DashThis account in Part 2.
Part 2 – Add the integration to DashThis
Step 1 - In the integration manager page, scroll down the list of available integrations and click ADD + beside Brightcove
Step 2 - A pop-up will appear to the right, fill in the 3 requirements (a, b c)
- A. In the Description box, write the name you want to give to your source. This is how your source will be called in our system.
- B. enter your client ID (login)
- C. enter your client ID secret (password)
Part 3 – Add the data sources
One more step is necessary and is the final step! You need to add the data sources to your DashThis account.
Step 1 - In the integration manager, find Brightcove in the list of connected integrations to the right. Click on the pencil icon next to your account name.
Strep 2 - A pop-up will appear to the right: Give your source a name and add the Provider Key.
- Give your source a name: It can be anything you want. This name will be how your client will be designated in our tool.
- Provider Key: This is the Account number you find in your Brightcove admin settings
Step 3 - Click add and then cancel to exit the pop-up (don't worry the information you entered will be saved)
2 – List of metrics and dimensions
|Abandon Rate*||The percentage of users that abandoned a video.|
|Impression Count*||Number of times a video was loaded and ready for interaction.|
|Play rate||The percentage of videos that were loaded that were actually played (video views/video impressions).|
|Play rate reversed*||The overall percentage of rewinds you had on a video.|
|Video Views||The number of times a video started playing, recorded when the stream is started (does not include rewind or replay); it is not a measure of individual viewers; for videos with pre-roll ads, a view is not recorded until the video starts to play.|
Important: Metric names with a * will need to be reviewed as Brightcove updates its platform and list of metrics along the way.
|% in/out domain*||The percentage of in and outs from a domain.|
|Date*||The date of the video.|
|Display Domain||The display domain is the domain the viewer was on when they watched a video.|
|Lifecycle (on published date)*||The lifecycle of your video from the date is published.|
|Video Title||The title of the video.|
Important: Dimension names with a * will need to be reviewed as Brightcove updates its platform and list of dimensions along the way.
Should you need any assistance with Brightcove, please reach out to our Support Team 🤘